These BBQ Honey Chicken Rice Bowls are packed with flavour and are a super light and delicious dinner or leftovers for the next days lunch
450g chicken breast, sliced into strips
1 tbsp onion powder
2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp ground all spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt flakes
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 cup basmati rice, cooked
1 broccoli head, cut into florrets
1/2 ripe avocado, sliced into strips
2 lemon wedges
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the onion powder, thyme, all spice, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, honey and 2 tbsp olive oil.
3. Add chicken strips to the bowl and mix throughly. Leave to marinate for an hour or more.
4. Prepare a grill pan with a 1 tbsp of olive oil for medium-high heat.
5. Cook chicken on the pan for for 3 mins each side or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 mins.
6. In the same pan, add broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Cook to your liking.
7. Divide rice and avocado among 2 bowls. Top with chicken, cooked broccoli and lemon slices.