A great Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast/ brunch for the whole family, by NETFIT Netballs Sports Dietitian Jess Spendlove.
Try giving this quick and easy recipe a go!
½ cup quinoa (or ½ cup quinoa and microwave rice for time saver)
4 boiled eggs
1 cup water
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups baby spinach leaves
1 avocado, halved with seed and skin removed
2 tbspn chopped coriander
1 handful basil leaves, torn
½ mild chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of ½ lime
- Wash quinoa, then cook in rice cooker or saucepan in approximately one cup of water for approximately 45 minutes. Add more water if required. Or to save time use a microwave quinoa, or quinoa and brown rice cup.
2. Add to 4x eggs to a saucepan. Fill with water and boil – recommended time boiling 6 – 8 minutes depending on how hard you like your eggs.
3. Heat the fry pan and add olive oil, coating the base of the pan. Sauté mushrooms over low heat with chilli and garlic.
4. Arrange the baby spinach and avocado between 2 bowls.
5. Once the quinoa and mushrooms are cooked, divide evenly to each bowl of spinach and avocado mix, along with the herbs.
6. Squeeze lime juice on top and if desired, drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.