These delicious and healthy Broc Tots are perfect for on the run netballers heading to training or a game + a great lunchbox filler!
250g broccoli florets
3/4 cup (60g) panko breadcrumbs
3/4 cup (90g) shredded tasty cheddar
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 Egg, lightly whisked
20g butter, melted
Tzatziki, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees (210 fan-forced). Line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook broccoli for 3mins or until tender. Drain and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Set aside to cool.
3. Finely chop broccoli (there should be 2 cups chopped broccoli). In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, breadcrumbs, cheddar, spring onions, egg and melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until very well combined. Transfer mixture to the fridge and chill for 20mins.
4. Roll tablespoonfuls of broccoli mixture into balls. Using moistened hands, press balls into cylinder shapes. Place onto the baking tray.
5. Bake for 10mins or until undersides are golden. Flip over (some melted cheese may seep out, causing them to stick to the baking paper).
6. After flipping, cook for 5mins longer or until bottoms are golden. Cool slightly then serve with tzatziki.