If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy pre game dinner, then this Prawn & Tomato Risotto is perfect and any leftovers straight into your lunchbox for the next day!
500g jar of pasta sauce (Suggested; Extra tomato, onion & roast garlic)
4 cups (1L) chicken stock
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups (400g) Arborio rice
400g raw banana prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
1 cup (120g) frozen peas
1/3 cup basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil, extra, to serve
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Combine the pasta sauce, stock and ½ cup (125ml) water in a saucepan. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at a gentle simmer.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5mins or until sot. Add the garlic and rice. Cook, stirring, for 1min or until the grains appear glassy.
3. Add 1/2 cup (125ml) of stock mixture to the pan. Cook, stirring, until liquid is completely absorbed. Repeat with the remaining stock mixture, gently stirring constantly and allowing liquid to be absorbed before adding more, until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite and risotto is creamy. (This should take about 20mins.)
4. Stir in the prawns, asparagus and peas and cook for 5mins or until the prawns curl and change colour.
5. Sprinkle risotto with basil leaves. Serve with extra oil and lemon wedges.