If you’re looking for a delicious and light healthy pre game lunch, then this Spinach, Bacon & Tomato Quiche the perfect!
2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, just thawed
3 middle bacon rasher, chopped
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup (125ml) Full cream milk
1/2 cup (60g) Shredded cheese
250g frozen spinach, thawed, excess water removed (fresh can also be used)
125g cherry tomatoes, halved if large
30g baby rocket leaves
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees. Cut 1 pastry sheet in half. Place the 2 halves, slightly overlapping, over 2 sides of the whole pastry sheet. Press edges firmly to seal. Carefully line a 3.5cm-deep, 23cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with removable base with the pastry. Use a sharp knife to trim excess pastry.
2. Line the pastry case with baking paper. Fill with pastry weights or rice. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 10mins. Remove the paper and weights or rice. Bake for 10mins or until pastry is light golden.
3. Cook the bacon and onion in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat for 3mins or until onion is soft. Set aside to cool.
4. Whisk the eggs, milk and cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the spinach and bacon mixture in pastry case. Pour over the egg mixture. Top with tomatoes. Bake for 30-35mins or until filling is just set.
5. Place rocket in a bowl. Add the oil and vinegar. Toss to combine. Season. Serve with the quiche.